Ogden Adoption Lawyers
Sensitive & Personalized Legal Service in Utah
Creating a new family or helping one grow through adoption is a dream for many people. The legal process of adoption, however, can be an overwhelming experience, fraught with uncertainty, confusion, and stress. It is best to approach adoption with the help of a knowledgeable family law attorney who can guide you through the steps.
At Sentinel Law Group, P.C., our Odgen adoption attorneys offer compassionate and highly personalized legal service in all types of adoption, whether private or through state agencies. Our firm is dedicated to giving you the assistance you need in this very sensitive legal process.
Adoption in Utah
Every state has legislated its own rules regarding the various types of adoption.
In Utah, the following people can adopt:
- Stepparents adopting their spouse’s child from a previous relationship
- Married adults who both consent to the adoption
- Single adults (but not single adults who live with an intimate partner)
The prospective adoptive parent must be at least 10 years older than the adoptee. Where married couples are concerned, only one of the spouses is required to be 10 years older. Most adoption agencies require that you are at least 21 years old. In general, married same-sex couples and LGBT families are allowed to adopt.
At Sentinel Law Group, P.C., we handle cases involving:
- Private adoptions, in which a birth mother gives up her child for adoption; the process can be arranged by an attorney or through an adoption agency
- Public adoptions, in which you adopt a child that you have fostered through the state; these are children whose parents have given up their parental rights or had them terminated
- International adoptions, which are subject to the laws of the child’s country of origin and thus more complicated; these are generally done through adoption agencies
Adoption can be a lengthy process involving intensive interviews, home studies, and more. Having the support and practical advice of a knowledgeable Clearview adoption attorney can make the process less stressful and easier to navigate.
Get in Touch with Sentinel Law Group, P.C.
Find out what is involved in the process of adoption and how our firm can help you meet the challenges involved. We have helped numerous individuals and couples achieve their dream of parenthood and welcome the opportunity to provide the responsive legal help you need for this endeavor.
Call us at (801) 797-3760 to get started.